In Support of the Heart and Stroke foundation
Held in Cooperation with the Niagara Wine Festival
Date: Sunday September 21st, 2014
Location: Market Square, St. Catharines
Race times: Half Marathon — 9am 5k — 9:15am
Race Day Registration and Race Kit Pick up: Market Square 7am to 8:30am.
At close of kit pick up, race kits not picked up become the property of Race Kit Event Service Inc.
Directions: Click here for a map to Market Square
Parking: There is plenty of parking in the area please avoid the church lots.
Parking map here
Course Map: click here
- The courses are certified by Athletics Canada measured by Bernie Conway
- 5k: ON-2011-051-BDC / Half: ON-2011-052-BDC
- ChampionChip timing by Sportstats
- Each kilometre is marked
- 7 Aid Stations in the Half, 1 in the 5k
- Part of the Niagara Grape and Wine Festival
- Travel a few short blocks over to the festival after the race.
- Finishers Medals to all Half Marathon finishers in recognition of their accomplishment! There is a 3 hr time limit for the half marathon.
5k Awards: 1, 2, 3 overall 3 deep in 5 yr age groups 14 and under to 70+
Half Marathon Awards: 1, 2, 3 overall top master and 3 deep in 5 yr age groups from 14 and under to 70+
Half Marathon Race Record Bonus: $200
- Men: Josephat Ongeri (2007) 1:05:10
- Women: Lioudmila Kortchiguina (2005) 1:16:45
Half & Half Marathon Challenge: Runners who complete the Grimsby Half Marathon and Run for the Grapes Half Marathon can race for the Half & Half Marathon Challenge. The total combined time of both half marathons will determine the awards. In the event of a tie the Grapes time will determine the winner. Awards will be presented to 1, 2, 3 overall top master and 3 deep in each 5 yr age groups from 19 and under to 70+. Awards Ceremony TBA.
Subaru of Hamilton Niagara Running Series: Points will be awarded 10 deep in each race in each category towards the series championships. Awards will be presented to 1, 2, 3 overall top master and 3 deep in each 5 yr age group from 14 and under to 70+.
Total Points at the end of the series wins. The series awards ceremony, date, time and place to be determined.
Double Points Races: Grimsby Half, Peachbud 10k, Halloween 7K , Grapes Half, Casablanca Classic 8k.
Point Races: Grimsby 3k, Jordan 5k, Confederation 5k, Peachbud 5k, Beamsville Bench 5k, Grapes 5k, Casablanca Classic 3k
Charity challenge: The Heart and Stroke Foundation www.heartandstroke.on.ca
You can make a donation when you enter or gather pledges if you like. Please support the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
Course Safety: For everyone’s safety no strollers, dogs or bicycles on the course please. We also strongly recommend that you do not wear headphones while participating.
Race Fees (HST not included)
- Online registration will close on Sept 18th. No Refunds.
- EventsOnline processing fee extra
- Tee Shirt cut off date: registered by and including Sept 9th
|By and Including Aug 23rd||$60||$35||Tech Shirt|
|Aug 24th to Sept 9th||$65||$40||Tech Shirt|
|Sept 9th to Sept 18th||$65||$40||No Shirt|
|Race Day||$70||$45||No Shirt|