In Support of the Heart and Stroke Foundation
Held in conjunction with the Niagara Wine Festival.
Date: Sunday September 24th, 2017
Location: NEW LOCATION ! Club Roma 125 Vansickle Rd, St. Catharines
Race times: Half Marathon — 9:00am 5k — 9:15am
Race Day Registration and Race Kit Pick up: Club Roma 7:00am to 8:30am.
At close of kit pick up, race kits not picked up become the property of Race Kit Event Service Inc.
Directions: Click here for directions to Club Roma 125 Vansickle Rd, St. Catharines
Parking: There is plenty of parking in the area; please avoid the church lots.
Course Map: The course has changed. Click here for Course Map. It has truly become a run for the Grapes as we have maintained the majority of the course that was in the orchards thus eliminating the hill leading in and out of downtown.
The 5K starts heading south on Vansickle to Pelham Road. Then turns right on Pelham Rd. to First St. Louth. It turns right again on First Louth to Rykert. Next it turns right on Rykert to Vansickle. Last turn is right on Vansickle to the Finish Line.
- Each kilometer is marked
- 7 Aid Stations in the Half, 1 in the 5k
- Part of the Niagara Grape and Wine Festival
- Travel over to the festival after the race.
- Finishers Medals to all Half Marathon and 5K Finishers in recognition of their accomplishment! There is a 3 hr time limit for the half marathon.
5k Awards: 1, 2, 3 overall 3 deep in 5 yr age groups 14 and under to 70+
Half Marathon Awards: 1, 2, 3 overall top master and 3 deep in 5 yr age groups from 14 and under to 70+
Half Marathon Race Record Bonus: $200
- Men: Josephat Ongeri (2007) 1:05:10
- Women: Lioudmila Kortchaguina (2005) 1:16:45
Half & Half Marathon Challenge: Runners who complete the Grimsby Half Marathon and Run for the Grapes Half Marathon can race for the Half & Half Marathon Challenge. The total combined time of both half marathons will determine the awards. In the event of a tie the Grapes time will determine the winner. Awards will be presented to 1, 2, 3 overall top master and 3 deep in each 5 yr age groups from 19 and under to 70+. Awards Ceremony TBA.
Subaru of Hamilton & Niagara Running Series: See Series Info for details.
Charity challenge: The Heart and Stroke Foundation www.heartandstroke.on.ca
You can make a donation when you enter or gather pledges if you like. Please support the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
Course Safety: For everyone’s safety no strollers, dogs or bicycles on the course please. We also strongly recommend that you do not wear headphones while participating.
Race Fees (HST not included)
- Online registration will close on Sept 20th. No Refunds.
- Running Room processing fee extra.
- Tee Shirt cut off date: registered by and including Sept 6th.
- All those who registered before the t-shirt cut off date are guaranteed a t-shirt. We will do our very best to try to accommodate the size you need.
|By and Including June 24th||$60+ HST||$35+ HST||Tech Shirt|
|June 25th to Sept 6th||$65+ HST||$40+ HST||Tech Shirt|
|Sept 7th to Sept 20th||$65+ HST||$40+ HST||No Shirt|
|Race Day: cash or cheque only||$79.10 (incl. HST)||$50.85 (incl. HST)||No Shirt|