In Support of the Heart and Stroke foundation
Held in Cooperation with the Niagara Wine Festival
Date: Sunday September 21st, 2014
Location: Market Square, St. Catharines
Race times: Half Marathon — 9:00am 5k — 9:15am
Race Day Registration and Race Kit Pick up: Market Square 7:00am to 8:30am.
At close of kit pick up, race kits not picked up become the property of Race Kit Event Service Inc.
Directions: Click here for a map to Market Square
Parking: There is plenty of parking in the area please avoid the church lots.
Parking map here
Course Map: click here
- The courses are certified by Athletics Canada measured by Bernie Conway
- 5k: ON-2011-051-BDC / Half: ON-2011-052-BDC
- ChampionChip timing by Sportstats
- Each kilometre is marked
- 7 Aid Stations in the Half, 1 in the 5k
- Part of the Niagara Grape and Wine Festival
- Travel a few short blocks over to the festival after the race.
- Finishers Medals to all Half Marathon finishers in recognition of their accomplishment! There is a 3 hr time limit for the half marathon.
5k Awards: 1, 2, 3 overall 3 deep in 5 yr age groups 14 and under to 70+
Half Marathon Awards: 1, 2, 3 overall top master and 3 deep in 5 yr age groups from 14 and under to 70+
Half Marathon Race Record Bonus: $200
- Men: Josephat Ongeri (2007) 1:05:10
- Women: Lioudmila Kortchiguina (2005) 1:16:45
Half & Half Marathon Challenge: Runners who complete the Grimsby Half Marathon and Run for the Grapes Half Marathon can race for the Half & Half Marathon Challenge. The total combined time of both half marathons will determine the awards. In the event of a tie the Grapes time will determine the winner. Awards will be presented to 1, 2, 3 overall top master and 3 deep in each 5 yr age groups from 19 and under to 70+. Awards Ceremony TBA.
Subaru of Hamilton Niagara Running Series: A minimum of 4 races is required to qualify. Points will be awarded 10 deep in each race in each category towards the series championships. Awards will be presented at the end of the series to 1, 2, 3 overall top master and each 5yr age group from 14 and under to 70+. **Note — there are no points in half marathons or 10k races for the 14 and under category.
Total Points at the end of the series wins. The series awards ceremony, date, time and place to be determined.
Double Points Races: Grimsby Half & 10k, Peachbud 10k, Halloween 7K, Grapes Half, Casablanca Classic 8k
Point Races: Grimsby 3k, Jordan 5k, Confederation 5k and 5K with dog, Peachbud 5k, Bench 5k, Grapes 5k, Casablanca Classic 3k
Charity challenge: The Heart and Stroke Foundation www.heartandstroke.on.ca
You can make a donation when you enter or gather pledges if you like. Please support the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
Course Safety: For everyone’s safety no strollers, dogs or bicycles on the course please. We also strongly recommend that you do not wear headphones while participating.
Race Fees (HST not included)
- Online registration will close on Sept 18th. No Refunds.
- EventsOnline processing fee extra
- Tee Shirt cut off date: registered by and including Sept 9th
|By and Including Aug 23rd||$60||$35||Tech Shirt|
|Aug 24th to Sept 9th||$65||$40||Tech Shirt|
|Sept 9th to Sept 18th||$65||$40||No Shirt|
|Race Day||$70||$45||No Shirt|