In Support of the FORT YOUTH CENTRE
Perfect tune up for the Around the Bay Road Race in Hamilton
Date : Sunday, February 17th, 2019
All runners receive a finishers medal!!!
Race is on Sunday then recover and spend time with your family on Family Day Monday.
Click Running Room Logo below to Register
Location: Grimsby Secondary School, 5 Bolton Ave. Grimsby, ON L3M 1H6
Race Times: Half Marathon — 9:00am. 3k — 9:10am 10K — 9:15am
Race Day Registration and Kit Pick Up: Grimsby Secondary School from 7:00am to 8:30am.
At close of kit pick up, race kits not picked up become the property of Race Kit Event Service Inc.
Parking: park at the McDonalds parking lot and walk up Kidd Ave to high school, or park in lot off of Briarwood behind high school
Half Marathon and 3K Course Map: click here (PDF, 200 KB)
10k Course Map: click here
- Fast and scenic course that runs through downtown, lakefront residential area, and orchards of Grimsby.
- Finishers Medals to finishers of all distances
- Part of the Niagara Running Series Half & Half Marathon Challenge
- Bib Chip timing by Chiptime Results
- Each kilometer is marked
- 6 Aid Stations in the Half Marathon, located at 3.5k, 6.5k, 9.5k, 13k, 15.5k, 18.5k
Finisher’s Medals: All runners will receive a finisher medal for their efforts!
Awards Ceremony: The awards ceremony will take place at 11:30am beginning with the 3k awards. The half and 10K awards will take place as soon as possible after.
Please be there to pick up your award or have someone else pick it up for you. Awards will not be mailed out.
3k Awards: 1, 2, 3 overall, top master and 3 deep in 5 yr age groups from 14 and under to 70+
10k & Half Marathon Awards: 1, 2, 3 overall, top master and 3 deep in 5 yr age groups from 19 and under to 70+.
Race Record Bonus: $200
- Men — Guy Scholtz (2000) 1:05:46
- Women — Nicole Stevenson (2003) 1:17:30
Half & Half Marathon Challenge: Runners who complete the Grimsby Half Marathon and Run for the Grapes Half Marathon can race for the Half & Half Marathon Challenge. The total combined time of both half marathons will determine the awards. In the event of a tie the Grapes time will determine the winner. Awards will be presented to 1, 2, 3 overall top master and 3 deep in each 5yr age groups from 19 and under to 70+. Awards Ceremony TBA.
- Course Safety: For everyone’s safety no strollers, dogs or bicycles on the course please. We also strongly recommend that you do not wear headphones while participating.
Race Fees 2018 (HST not included):
- Online registration will close at midnight on February 14th. No Refunds.
- Running Room processing fee extra.
- Tee Shirt cut off date: registered by and including Wednesday, February 6th.
- All those who registered before the t-shirt cut off date are guaranteed a t-shirt. We will do our very best to try to accommodate the size you need.
- All runners receive a finishers medal!!!
|Early Bird Registration Ends December 18th at Midnight||$65 + HST||$30 + HST||$50 + HST||Finisher Medal|
|December 19th to February 14th at Midnight||$70 + HST||$35 + HST||$55 + HST||Finisher Medal|
|Race Day Registration||$75 + HST||$40 + HST||$60 + HST||Finisher Medal|
|ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES at 11:59pm FEB 13, 2019|