In Support of McNally House Hospice
Perfect tune up for the Around the Bay
NEW DATE: Sunday, February 19th, 2017
Race on Sunday then recover on Family Day Monday.
T-Shirt cut off Sunday February 5th
Click Running Room Logo to register
Location: Grimsby Secondary School, 5 Bolton Ave. Grimsby, ON L3M 1H6
Race Times: Half Marathon and 10K — 9:00am. 3K — 9:15 am.
Race Day Registration and Kit Pick Up: Grimsby Secondary School 7am to 8:30am.
At close of kit pick up, race kits not picked up become the property of Race Kit Event Service Inc.
Parking: park at the McDonalds parking lot and walk up Kidd Ave to high school, or park in lot off of Briarwood behind high school
Course Map: click here (PDF, 200 KB)
- Fast and scenic course that runs through downtown, lakefront residential area, and orchards of Grimsby.
- Certified courses by athletics Canada measured by Bernie Conway
- Finishers Medals to all finishers of the Half Marathon under the time limit of 3 hrs
- Half: ON-2009-126-BDC / 3k: On-2009-125-BDC
- Part of the Niagara Running Series Half & Half Marathon Challenge
- Bib Chip timing by Chiptime Results
- Each kilometer is marked
- 6 Aid Stations in the Half Marathon, located at 3.5k, 6.5k, 9.5k, 13k, 15.5k, 18.5k
Charity Challenge: In Support of McNally House Hospice,
In Memory of Rob “The Kat” Katolinsky
Finisher’s Medals: Finisher’s Medals to all finishers of the Half under the time limit of 3 hrs
Awards Ceremony: The awards ceremony will take place at 11:30am beginning with the 3k awards. The half and 10K awards will take place as soon as possible after.
Please be there to pick up your award or have someone else pick it up for you. Awards will not be mailed out.
3k Awards: 1, 2, 3 overall, top master and 3 deep in 5 yr age groups from 14 and under to 70+
10k & Half Marathon Awards: 1, 2, 3 overall, top master and 3 deep in 5 yr age groups from 19 and under to 70+.
Race Record Bonus: $200
- Men — Guy Scholtz (2000) 1:05:46
- Women — Nicole Stevenson (2003) 1:17:30
Half & Half Marathon Challenge: Runners who complete the Grimsby Half Marathon and Run for the Grapes Half Marathon can race for the Half & Half Marathon Challenge. The total combined time of both half marathons will determine the awards. In the event of a tie the Grapes time will determine the winner. Awards will be presented to 1, 2, 3 overall top master and 3 deep in each 5yr age groups from 19 and under to 70+. Awards Ceremony TBA.
- Course Safety: For everyone’s safety no strollers, dogs or bicycles on the course please. We also strongly recommend that you do not wear headphones while participating.
Race Fees 2017 (HST not included):
- Online registration will close at midnight on February 14 th. No Refunds.
- Running Room processing fee extra.
- Tee Shirt cut off date: registered by and including February 5th
|By and including Nov. 19th (HST extra)||$60||$25||$45||Technical Tee Shirt|
|Nov 20th to Feb 5th (HST extra)||$65||$30||$50||Technical Tee Shirt|
|Feb 6th to Feb 14th (HST extra)||$65||$30||$50||No Shirt|
|Race day (HST included)||$79.10||$39.55||$62.15||No Shirt|