In Support of McNally House Hospice
Perfect tune up for the Around the Bay
Date: Monday February 15th, 2016
T-Shirt Cut Off Sunday February 1st, 2016
Click Running Room Logo to register
Location: Grimsby Secondary School, 5 Bolton Ave. Grimsby, ON L3M 1H6
Race Times: Half Marathon and 10K — 9:00am. 3K — 9:15 am.
Race Day Registration and Kit Pick Up: Grimsby Secondary School 7am to 8:30am.
At close of kit pick up, race kits not picked up become the property of Race Kit Event Service Inc.
Parking: park at the McDonalds parking lot and walk up Kidd Ave to high school, or park in lot off of Briarwood behind high school
Course Map: click here (PDF, 200 KB)
- Fast and scenic course that runs through downtown, lakefront residential area, and orchards of Grimsby.
- Certified courses by athletics Canada measured by Bernie Conway
- Finishers Medals to all finishers of the Half Marathon under the time limit of 3 hrs
- Half: ON-2009-126-BDC / 3k: On-2009-125-BDC
- Part of the Niagara Running Series Half & Half Marathon Challenge
- Bib Chip timing by Chiptime Results
- Each kilometer is marked
- 6 Aid Stations in the Half Marathon, located at 3.5k, 6.5k, 9.5k, 13k, 15.5k, 18.5k
Charity Challenge: In Support of McNally House Hospice,
In Memory of Rob “The Kat” Katolinsky
Finisher’s Medals: Finisher’s Medals to all finishers of the Half under the time limit of 3 hrs
Awards Ceremony: The awards ceremony will take place at 11:30am beginning with the 3k awards. The half and 10K awards will take place as soon as possible after.
Please be there to pick up your award or have someone else pick it up for you. Awards will not be mailed out.
3k Awards: 1, 2, 3 overall, top master and 3 deep in 5 yr age groups from 14 and under to 70+
10k & Half Marathon Awards: 1, 2, 3 overall, top master and 3 deep in 5 yr age groups from 19 and under to 70+.
Race Record Bonus: $200
- Men — Guy Scholtz (2000) 1:05:46
- Women — Nicole Stevenson (2003) 1:17:30
Half & Half Marathon Challenge: Runners who complete the Grimsby Half Marathon and Run for the Grapes Half Marathon can race for the Half & Half Marathon Challenge. The total combined time of both half marathons will determine the awards. In the event of a tie the Grapes time will determine the winner. Awards will be presented to 1, 2, 3 overall top master and 3 deep in each 5yr age groups from 19 and under to 70+. Awards Ceremony TBA.
Subaru of Hamilton Niagara Running Series: A minimum of 4 races is required to qualify. Points will be awarded 10 deep in each race in each category towards the series championships. Awards will be presented at the end of the series to 1, 2, 3 overall top master and each 5yr age group from 14 and under to 70+. **Note — there are no points in half marathons or 10k races for the 14 and under category.
- Total Points at the end of the series wins. The series awards ceremony, date, time and place to be determined.Double Points Races: Grimsby Half & 10k, Peachbud 10k, Halloween 7K, Grapes Half, Casablanca Classic 8kPoint Races: Grimsby 3k, Jordan 5k, Confederation 5k and 5K with dog, Peachbud 5k, Bench 5k, Grapes 5k, Casablanca Classic 3kCourse Safety: For everyone’s safety no strollers, dogs or bicycles on the course please. We also strongly recommend that you do not wear headphones while participating.
Race Fees 2015 (HST not included):
- Online registration will close at midnight on February 9th. No Refunds.
- Running Room processing fee extra.
- Tee Shirt cut off date: registered by and including February 1st.
|By and including Jan 9th (hst extra)||$60||$25||$45||Technical Tee Shirt|
|Jan 10th to Feb 1st (hst extra)||$65||$30||$50||Technical Tee Shirt|
|Feb 2nd to Feb 9th (hst extra)||$65||$30||$50||No Shirt|
|Race day (hst included)||$79.10||$39.55||$62.15||No Shirt|